The Biodynamic Land Trust is an open membership, charitable community benefit.
Membership to the Trust enables:
- Stewardship of land as biodynamic in perpetuity
- Support of community connected farming models
- Conservation of the countryside
- Affordable access to land for entrant farmers
- Safe future for the farms of retiring biodynamic farmers and growers
As a community benefit society, the Biodynamic Land Trust is a body drawing on the co-operative tradition as a means to both mutualise and neutralise land assets for biodynamic community benefit. This tradition offers a rich set of values and principles to draw on.
- Voluntary and open to both individuals and organisations
- Democratic – one member, one vote
- Economically equal – members contribute equally to, and democratically control, the capital of their co-operative.
For more details on the Co-Operative principles and values look at our Land Ethic.
We abuse the land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.
–Aldo Leopold, Sand County Almanac
Join us and help to secure agricultural land in trust in perpetuity for affordable access for biodynamic farmers and agriculture, countryside conservation and for community connected, sustainable farming.
To support our work generally and not for a specific project please download and complete the Membership Application Form. The minimum amount to be invested is only £100.
We also accept donations:
Shares in specific projects are also available:
Others to follow…..