Join the Biodynamic Land Trust by investing in community shares to secure land in trust for community-owned farms.
The Biodynamic Land Trust is an open membership, charitable community benefit.
Membership to the Trust enables:
- Stewardship of land as biodynamic for now and future generations
- Support of community-connected farming
- Conservation of the countryside
- Affordable access to land for entrant farmers
- Safe future for the farms of retiring biodynamic farmers and growers.
As a community benefit society, the Biodynamic Land Trust is a body drawing on the co-operative tradition as a means to both mutualise and neutralise land assets for biodynamic community benefit. This tradition offers a rich set of values and principles to draw on.
- Voluntary and open to both individuals and organisations
- Democratic – one member, one vote
- Economically equal – members contribute equally to, and democratically control, the capital of their co-operative.
For more details on the Co-operative principles and values look at our Land Ethic.
We abuse the land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.
–Aldo Leopold, Sand County Almanac
To support the Biodynamic Land Trust work (and not for a specific project), please download and complete the Membership Application Form. The minimum amount to be invested is £100.
To support the Biodynamic Land Trust latest community share in Huxhams Cross Farm in Dartington, Devon, please join the Biodynamic Land Trust with a minimum donation of £250. Click the orange JOIN button below!
Your donations, big or small, are most welcome but, please note, donations do not give you membership of the Biodynamic Land Trust.