The Biodynamic Land Trust Share Offer
Join us and help to secure agricultural land in trust into the future for affordable access for biodynamic farmers and agriculture, countryside conservation and for community connected, sustainable farming. Invest in the Biodynamic Land Trust and become a member.
How it works
- Each share costs £1. The minimum investment is £100 or 100 shares
- The maximum investment is £20,000
- On investing you become a shareholder and hence legally a mutual ‘owner’ of the land that is secured
- Buying shares gives you membership of the Biodynamic Land Trust
- Each member has one vote within the Land Trust, no matter what the level of shareholding. As a voting member you can participate in developing the Biodynamic Land Trust
- Shares are withdrawable not tradable, so can only be sold back to the Biodynamic Land Trust (and not other people) at face value
- Shares can be inherited.
Huxham’s Cross Farm at Dartington, Devon
The lease was acquired in September 2015 and the land is being developed and great work being done. Shares have been taken up to the level needed for the barn and access which are now complete. The next phase is planning and building the training/well-being/processing centre and the services. We are turning bare land into a lush and exciting community farm. Do share our enthusiasm and be part of raising £65,000 to complete the infrastructure.
Hammonds Farmland for Stroud Community Agriculture at Hawkwood
The purchase of ‘Lot 3 Hammonds Farm’ was completed in November 2015. Initial planning and design was carried out early in 2016 and, during this process, the land found its name – Oakbrook Farm. Work is now in progress to develop a community farm on this newly acquired land. There is a lot to do so any offers of help or donations will be gratefully received.
The owners needed to sell but wanted the land to continue in biodynamic stewardship.
Turning a farm and business park into a community-owned enterprise so it may remain a biodynamic farm and social hub.
A renewable energy company that re-invests surplus in biodynamic and sustainable farming.