Celebrating Hammonds Farm Community Buyout
Sunday 11th October 6.pm-8.15pm Celebration at Lansdown Hall, then Moo Man Film with Candlelight Cinema
You are warmly invited to celebrate our Biodynamic Land Trust community buy out of Hammonds Farm( Lot 3) at Lansdown Hall, Lansdown, Stroud GL5 1BB with a family bring and share meal, cabaret style tables, some music with Jeanne and Rob Mehta, ending with a short film, Dawn to Dusk about Tablehurst Community Farm. Over 150 generous people have invested in securing 41 acres of Hammonds Farm. And now, how do we co-create this community connected farm? What do we call the farm?
You are invited to:
- Get to know other Hammonds co-owners/ trustees and the Biodynamic Land Trust
- Create a farm future dreaming gallery, so come with pictures, sketches and farm visions of what you’d like to see happening there-children’s artwork very welcome! Farm names?
- Hear about the farm story and Stroud Community Agriculture plans for the farm
- Invite threadholders who can focus on different land aspects, e.g. Simon Charter for water, and Sue Harker et al to come forward..others?
- Discuss the participative land planning and community engagement events we are planning to help create the land use plan over the year, and suggest other activities for Alice Goodenough’s Awards for All submission!
- See Dawn to Dusk, a new short 20 minute film about Tablehurst Community Farm, which gives an informed, inspiring picture of a biodynamic community farm
- At 8.15pm: See Mooh Man, the film about an organic dairy farmer, with Stroud’s inaugural Candlelight Cinema.
This will be an amazing community happening, but help welcomed please!
Preferably RSVP if you can come to Evelyn at email@example.com
Bring and share-tables, cutlery, paper plates, glasses provided.
Bring a bottle?
Bring harvest/autumn greenery to make the hall festive?
Volunteers welcome to help set up the hall at 5pm for a 6pm start: contact Martin Large on 07765 006829, firstname.lastname@example.org or Evelyn at email@example.com
Bring your images and pictures for the wall Farm Vision Gallery– encourage your children’s ideas! And farm name ideas …
Contributions for evening costs
Dawn to Dusk Film – a day on a community supported farm
Mooh Man and Candlelight Cinema 8.15pm